How fun! I am going to show you how you can make a fancy-looking blouse with minimum material and sewing knowledge.
3. This is what your cut pieces should look like. The front is going to be cut on the fold of the fabric (you can choose a wide or narrow neck line). The back is NOT cut on the fold. Do not forget to add 1/2 inch of seam allowance.
4. Use your existing shirt to draw the pattern on your fabric. Front (on the fold) and back. Add the darts.
5. Cut with a seam allowance of 1/2 inch.
Now, you should have two pairs of collar (top and under collar) 7. Sew the front and back pieces together for the two pairs. Then, sew the under and top collar for the pair.
8. Make the darts, use your own boob to know how much is needed. A mannequin may help do that.. Careful not to pin your boob..9. Sew the back together BUT do not go all the way to the top. Leave a sexy peak on your back. Fold back the seam allowance and sew close to the opening
Sew the bias tape right side against right side like in the following picture. Fold back and sew the bias tape to the shirt. Get a nice and clean finish. Do it all around Leave strings long so you can tie it in the back.
After this little break contemplating your beautiful piece, let’s go back to work!
11. Make the sleeve: cut a rectangle: the length of the rectangle should be: size of the sleeves (flat) x 2 + 1/2 inch. The height should be around 4 inches. Fold the rectangle in 2 (length) and sew. Now you should have a circle. Fold in half (height) and sew it to the shirt sleeve (see following picture)
Finished Blouse!! Now go brag about it ; )
Please feel free to ask any questions in the comments and if you happen to make it share with me your creation!